- Termites are social insects that live in colonies with caste systems. Each termite has their own role and responsibility;
- Termites live in dark places and are blind. They communicate through pheromones (chemical signals) and vibrations caused by head-banging.
- When soldier termites detect a threat, they clash their mandibles together to warn the colony. Therefore, pest controllers tap on an infested area or in quiet places you may hear them.
- Termites build a mud trail to keep their bodies moist above ground. They will not be able to survive in the open.
- Singapore has one of the most destructive subterranean termite species, Coptotermes gestroi. They have caused an estimated of $40 billion worth of damages worldwide.
Signs of infestation
Visible Mud tunnels on wall
Discarded termite wings
Rattling sounds coming from the furniture / wall
Hollow pieces of wood
- Repair leaking faucets, water pipes and exterior AC units, as this may create a moist environment for termites.
- Remove dead trees, firewood and any other dead wood that can house termites.
- During swarming season keep your home close to prevent them from entering.
- For storage racks use metal instead of wood if they are left unchecked for a long time.
- Monitor all exterior areas of wood, including windows, doorframes and skirting boards for any noticeable changes.
Inspection is key to detecting termites before they damage your property and furnishings. With years of experience, our termite specialists are trained to pinpoint high-risk areas, deploy monitoring stations and use thermal scanners to detect any termite activity.
2. Termite Baiting
Baiting can only be used if there are signs of termite activity. It is a slow but very effective treatment process for termites. It works as a food source for termites laced with poison, this is then consumed by the worker termites and fed to the rest of the colony. As they ingest the bait they die off over 1-2 months thus leaving the rest of the colony starving eventually leading to colony elimination.
3. Pre and post termite treatments
Our termiticides are handpicked over multiple trails to select only the premium range of NEA approve chemicals which is non-carcinogenic, environmentally friendly and safe. Termiticide is injected into the soil around the premise creating a barrier between the soil and the building which last for 5 years. The chemical will adheres to any termites that passes through the treated zone spreading it through the colony, resulting in colony eradication. A 5 years warranty is given along with this treatment.
4. What Should You Do?
It is important to seek professional advice once termite infestations are detected. They can’t be dealt with using off-the-shelf methods such as sprays and powders. As they only deal with termites on the surface and not the main colony which is key to effectively eliminating them for good. Effective termite pest control measures such as termite baiting, soil and corrective treatment require professional expertise to apply and are unavailable to regular consumers. Our NEA certified consultants are trained in the latest techniques for identification, management and prevention of termites.
- Identify the extend of termite infestations
- Selection of the best type of treatment for your specific situation from a full range of dusting, baiting to soil treatment and corrective treatment
- Professional application of the treatment to ensure the best chance of success
- Follow up visits and checks to make sure infestation is cleared
- Advise on long-term prevention measures