- Their teeth never stop growing, forcing them to gnaw on plaster boards, wires, and even hard materials like lead sheeting and cinder block to keep them trimmed.
- Mice and rats carry a huge variety of diseases, such as salmonellosis and rat-bite fever, which can be spread through their droppings, urine, saliva, rodent bites, or through fleas or ticks that have fed on an infected rodent.
- If left unchecked, a pair of rats can grow to 2000 decedents over a year.
- Rats can squeeze through openings as small as 13 mm in diameter.
Signs of infestation
Gnaw/bite marks especially on wooden surfaces
Concentrated clumps of small droppings
Sour smell in the premise due to rodent excrement
Footprints in dusty areas
- Deny Rodents access to food, water or shelter and rodents will disappear.
- All openings such as utility lines through walls, cable trunkings, drain pipes, vents etc. should be sealed to prevent rodents from entering.
- Proper housekeeping would prevent rats from sniffing out potential feeding grounds.
We use a variety of traps, ranging from live traps to poison baits, depending on the environment. Pest Off’s specialists will map out the entire premise on a floor plan, and we will trap and monitor activity throughout the premise. Narrowing down into entry points and sealing them up.
In highly controlled environments like pharmaceutical and food plants. We use very stringent measures to control rats and adhere to the company’s ISO standards, minimizing the risk of spreading diseases. We have a specialised team trained in the fields of both pest control and air quality management, giving them an edge over their peers, combining both interdisciplinary knowledge to deliver the best results.
- Identify the extend of rodent infestations
- Selection of the best type of treatment for your specific situation
- Professional application of the treatment to ensure the best chance of success
- Advice on closing up potential entry points
- Long-term prevention measures