- Painting over mold will not solve the mold issue but instead it will cause it to grow rapidly as it is trapped between two layers of paint.
- Mold and its spores are microscopic, in high concentrations it becomes visible appear on your ceiling, walls and furniture.
- Mold can be detected by a musty odour. Live spores act like seeds, forming new mold growths (colonies) under the right conditions.
- Indoors mold needs moisture to grow; it becomes a problem only where there is water damage, elevated and prolonged humidity, or dampness.
Signs of infestation
Black, green or white mold tends to grow on your furniture
Musty and wet odour from the room
Strange unpleasant odour
Causes eye irritation, coughing and sneezing
Pest found along with mold, long leg spiders, booklice etc.
- Avoid setting the air condition at a very low temperature and facing the wind direction towards the wall as it might cause condensation resulting in mold growth.
- If the premise is left vacant for a pro-long period of time, it is recommended to allow some form of ventilation. If that is not possible, a dehumidifier or pre-setting an air condition to run a few hours a day on dry mode should be able to extract excess moisture.
- Fixing leaks is crucial to prevent any chance for mold to start growing.
- Oil based sealants is recommended to be used instead of water based ones as it is more resistant to moisture.
- With small areas affected by mold using 50% white vinegar and 50% water will be a good home remedy.
Our chemicals are handpicked over multiple trails to select only the premium range of NEA approve chemicals which is safe, odourless and does not stain any furniture or walls. It attacks mold, bacteria and virus on a molecular level, puncturing its membrane and disintegrating them upon contact killing up to 99.999%. A residual effect is also left behind to continue to kill any mold, bacteria or viruses that may come in contact with the treated surface.
At Pest Off, our R&D team combine the best of industry standards to design and built our equipment from the ground up, resulting in the higher efficiency and reduces the time needed to carry out the job. As our equipment is built in a modular manner we are able to customize it to suit our client’s needs. We are also able customize the level of efficiency and control the particle sizes being trapped.
Our staff are trained in air quality management and technical skills rising above their peers to be in our mold specialist team they have also achieve NEA’s highest qualification for technicians. They are continuously challenged on improving their craft and gaining new knowledge through a monthly sharing session with the rest of the team.
What Should You Do?
Seeking professional advice is important to ensure effective control over any mold, fungus or bacteria problem. At Pest Off, we employ an integrated 4 stages mold treatment process to rectify your mold issue. Being members of IAQA and EMS allows us to exchange ideas with renowned international experts to push our boundaries to improve effectiveness and efficiency in our process. Call us today to know how we can serve you better.
- Identify the source of the problem
- Selection of the best environment treatment for your specific situation
- Professional application of mold treatment to ensure the best chance of success
- Advise on long-term sanitation against mold measures