Truths about cockroaches
- Female German Cockroaches carry their eggs with them. 1 or 2 days before the eggs hatch, the female cockroaches drop them in secured places within the house.
- Cockroaches spread a huge range of pathogens including Salmonella & E. coli etc.
- A pair of cockroaches is able to produce up to 400 eggs, which are very resilient to environmental conditions.
- A cockroach can live for almost a month without food and 2 weeks without water.
Signs of infestation
Musty odour from cockroach bodies
Oval-shaped egg cases found in dark hidden locations
- Perform a thorough cleaning by moving out kitchen countertops to remove months of food debris that stick along the sides.
- Limit food consumption to a single premise in the office this reduces the risk of crumbs and spillages to a single location.
- Store food in sealed containers to prevent cockroaches from coming through.
- Throw out card boxes once the items has been delivered to reduce the risk of cockroach eggs.
- Keep trashcans outside the premise and clear out the trash at the end of the day.
Methods of Treatment
Inspection + Flush Out
Our Pest Control Specialist will examine your entire premise for signs of egg cases, droppings and cockroaches. The specialist will also flush the cockroaches out from any cracks or crevices they might be hiding in. They are highly trained in both technical and academic skills achieving NEA’s highest qualification for pest control technicians.
Our chemicals are handpicked over multiple trails to select only the premium range of NEA approve chemicals which is safe, odorless and does not stain any furniture or walls. Effectiveness in carrying out the treatment is important. As cockroaches can be hiding anywhere in the premise, residual chemicals and space dispersion techniques are used to minimize any human error. Once dried they stay effective for a period of 2 weeks before breaking down naturally.
Special chemicals such as insect growth regulator (IGR) are used for stubborn infestations. They do not kill the cockroaches but instead disrupt this growth stage, adults that reproduce might find their young deformed not giving them the ability to reproduce the next generation, hence stopping their lifecycle.
We use a variety of granular and gel baits which last for a period of up to 2 months, with its strong attractant it invites cockroaches to consume and them. Once dead, other cockroaches which consume their bodies get secondary poisoning. This drastically reduces the cockroach population.
What Should You Do?
Seeking professional advice is important to ensure effective control over any cockroach problem. Over-the-counter measures may not be as successful, especially when applied by inexperienced hands. Our NEA certified consultants are trained in the latest and most effective techniques for identification, management and prevention of cockroaches.
Having troubles with pests?
How we can help
- Identification of cockroach type and source of infestation
- Selection from a wide variety of treatment solutions for your specific situation
- Professional application of the treatment to ensure the best chance of success
- Advise on long-term prevention measures