- Bed bugs are flat, reddish-brown and oval insects.They can grow up to 4 to 5 mm long (the size of an apple seed), giving them the ability to hide within cracks in the walls and around the premises that are harder to detect.
- Bed bugs spread very easily and can be found in public areas like cinemas, public transport, offices etc.
- Bed bugs are attracted by carbon dioxide and body odour that the host produces. They mostly appear in wee hours. As they feed, their bodies become swollen and reddish.
- Bug bugs uses the protein in blood to reproduce and can lay up to 5 eggs a day. In a lifetime, they can produce up to 500 eggs.
Signs of infestation
Itchy rashes on areas of the skin that are exposed while sleeping
Blood stains at the seams of bed (bed bug excrement)
Musty smell in the room
- Carry out periodic spring cleaning and dispose all unwanted items to reduce clutter and minimize the pest harbourage.
- Soaking fabrics in hot water above 60 degrees will kill the bugs.
- We do not recommend used clothing and other items from neighbours, thrift stores, sales, flea markets; etc which carries a risk of bringing bedbugs into your home.
- Disinfect your luggage after a holiday trip to prevent any bugs from entering your home.
- Consider a periodic Bedbug control preventive maintenance program by our professionally trained Pest Off’s specialists.
Inspection + Flush Out
Our Bed Bug Specialist team will examine your entire home including mattress, frames, crevices etc. narrowing down to locate cluster of bed bugs flushing them out of any cracks and crevices they might be hiding. They are highly trained in technical skills rising above their peers to be our bed bugs specialist team and also achieving NEA’s highest qualification for pest control technicians.
Our chemicals are handpicked over multiple trails to select only the premium range of NEA approve chemicals which is safe, odorless and does not stain any furniture or walls. And the bottom line effective in carrying out the treatment. As bed bugs can be hiding anywhere in the premise, residual chemicals and space dispersion techniques are used to treat the infected space effectively. Once dried they stay effective for a period of 2 weeks before breaking down naturally.
For more sensitive skins and allergy we have an alternative for a non-chemical treatment using only heat techniques to kill bed bugs. Keeping your home bed bugs free and your family safe.
What Should You Do?
Seeking professional advice early is critical to avoiding a troublesome, time-consuming battle against bed bugs. Our NEA certified consultants are trained in the latest techniques for identification, management and prevention of bed bugs.
Spotting only a few bed bugs is not necessarily a sign that your infestation is not serious, as they might be hiding in hidden areas like behind the bed frames or crack and crevices.Thus, it is important to immediately seek professional help before the infestation worsens.
- Identification of the type and source of infestation
- Recommend the appropriate treatment for infestation
- Professional application of the treatment to ensure the best chance of success
- Advise on long-term prevention measures
- Follow up 7-10 days later to give you a peace of mind