Truths about Ants
- Ants are capable of carrying objects that are 50 times their own body weight, with their mandibles.
- Ants communicate and cooperate with one another by using pheromones.
- Ants can contaminate food because you don’t know where they’ve been foraging before crawling over your food.
- An ant infestation in business premises is unsightly to customers.
- Ants also compromise the health and hygiene of food-related businesses.
Signs of infestation
Frequent sightings of ants after food is left in the open
Swarming winged ants around lights
- Perform a thorough cleaning by moving out kitchen counter-tops to remove months of food debris that stick along the sides.
- Limit food consumption to a single premise in the office this reduces the risk of crumbs and spillages to a single location.
- Store food in sealed containers to prevent cockroaches from coming through.
- Throw out card boxes once the items has been delivered to reduce the risk of cockroach eggs.
- Keep trashcans outside the premise and clear out the trash at the end of the day.
- Keep your house clean, especially the kitchen, as ants get attracted by food sources.
- Cover attracting substance tightly and clean the furniture surface. Sweep the floor after meals, even little messes can attract ants.
- Always cover the foods you don’t hide in fridge.
- Take the trash out daily.
Methods of Treatment
We use a variety of granular and gel baits which last for a period of up to 2 months, with its strong attractant it invites ants to consume and them. In the initial stages more ants will appear after the treatment foraging for food of which it will be brought back to the colony and shared, thus leading to the elimination of the colony.
What Should You Do?
Seeking professional advice is important to ensure effective control over any ant problem. Identification of the ant species is necessary, as certain types of treatment are required for different species. Our NEA certified consultants are trained in the latest and most effective techniques for identification, management and prevention of ants.
Having troubles with pests?
How we can help
- Identification of the ant species and location of nest
- Selection of the best type of treatment for your specific situation
- Professional application of the treatment to ensure the best chance of success
- Advise on long-term prevention measures